The Algarve has always been associated with excellent golf courses. There are five courses within a half hour drive and green fees range from €40 upwards.
- Benamor is the closest course located come 4km east of Tavira. The course was designed by Sir Henry Cotton and the 15th tee has great views over Tavira Island. Full details at www.benamorgolf.com
- Quinta de Cima is slightly further east than Benamor. It was designed by William “Rocky” Roquemore and has hosted the Ladies Portuguese Open. Full details at www.quintadariagolf.com
- Quinta da Ria is a sister course to Quinta de Cima. Full details at www.quintadariagolf.com
- Monte Rei is a Jack Nicklaus designed course approximately 12km east of Tavira. Details by e-mail email@example.com
- Colina Verde lies some 8km west of Tavira and is a nine hole par 3 course ideal for less formal golfing. No handicap is required. Full details at www.golfcolinaverde.com